Director, Actor, Producer for Theatre and Film
Teaching and Workshops
Acting and Directing
* Directing 1 explores the practice and methodology of directing through silent scenes, Text Exercises, 5 minute scenes and culminating in 10 min plays.
Applicable techniques for both Theatre and Film
* Acting 1 & 2 These courses provide an applied study of the actor's craft. Topics include role analysis, training the voice, and body concentration, discipline, and self-evaluation. Training in the fundamentals of Stanislavski, Meisner, Spolin and Bogart techniques.
* Improvisation Uses theatre games and Viola Spolin technique to train actors in acting without a script. Can be applied for actor training as well as short and long form improvisation. Explore Who, What and Where.
Also pulls from the work of Paul Sills.
Stage Combat, Movement, Yoga
* Stage Combat teaches safety and techniques for illusions of violence. Topics explored include Hand-to-Hand, Rapier and Dagger, Quarter Staff, Falls and Rolls.
* Yoga Training the body in classical yoga technique and practice. Iyengar, Jiva Mukti, Hatha, Ashtanga styles explore.
Certified 200 hour classical yoga teacher
*Movement for the Actor Working with a mixture of yoga training, clowning, gymnastics and combat. A training in movement for the stage and screen.
Additional Classes and Workshops
Joshua has taught an age range from elementary school to the collegiate level
Other Classes include:
Introductions to Theatre
Musical Theatre Appreciation
Theatre in Literature